Comdata Inc. is a leading business-to-business provider of innovative electronic payment solutions. As an issuer and a processor, the company provides fleet, corporate payment, healthcare, virtual card, and prepaid solutions to over 30,000 customers. Comdatas SVS division is a global gift card and loyalty innovator that manages over 600 million cards and processes over 1 billion transactions from over 45 countries and in 26 currencies worldwide every year. Founded in 1969 and headquartered in Brentwood, Tennessee with more than 1,200 employees globally, Comdata Inc. enables over $60 billion in payment volume annually.
Are you searching for a company where you get to do a lot of new develop work and where you can make an impact?Does working with colleagues who are passionate about what they do and who strive for excellence inspire you?Why not check out the largest gift card issuer in the country? We develop web applications that are used and relied on daily by our customers!
The Java Web Application Developer III will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of web-based Java/J2EE/J2SE applications providing expertise in ALL phases of the SDLC (software development lifecycle) from concept and design to testing. He/She will analyze, design and build component-based applications in a Web/Internet delivery environment, including application layer, design pattern / modeling techniques, component and object-oriented design, complex algorithmic coding, and systematic approaches to application integration.
- Perform hands-on coding of new and existing applications along with enhancements to web sites, web applications, and infrastructure
- Analyze and design application systems encompassing the development, modification and translation of user requirements
- Plan, investigate and propose system and application solutions, program specifications and coding logic
- Prepare workflow for writing, testing and maintain in computer programs
- Encode, test, debug and install the operating program and procedures in coordination with Operations, Infrastructure and Departments
- Prepare program specifications, diagrams and develop coding logic
- Correct, test and document changes to existing programs
- Conduct training and presentation to users and other stakeholders
- Support existing applications
- Mentor junior developers and assist in architecting web content solutions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree or Professional Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent AND 3+ years of work experience as a software developer and/or designer
- 3-5 years of Java web application development experience in application design, software development, maintenance and delivery with at least 3 years with application servers; e.g. J2EE Application Server; IBM Websphere, Tomcat, BEA Weblogic, Apache, JBOSS, or Resin.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with relational database systems (i.e. Oracle, DB2) and message brokers (i.e. MQ).
- Strong relational database experience (i.e. Oracle, DB2) and message brokers (i.e. MQ)
- Experience with open source frameworks (i.e. Spring, Hibernate)
- Experience with IDE (Integrated Development Environments), such as Eclipse or NetBeans
- Experience with versioning and revision control systems (i.e. Subversion)
- Experience designing N-tiered applications, with multi-tier architecture and production Internet architectures
- Experience in AGILE or Scrum development methodologies
We thank all interested candidates however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Comdata/SVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.