Position Summary: Provides strategic focus on capacity planning, optimization, and formalization of VoIP and IP Telephony services, platforms, and solutions. Serves as a thought leader with business leaders in translating business problems into technical solutions in the functional area of Unified Communications. Conducts thorough gap assessments of design plans and the current infrastructure. Designs processes that enable the consumers of the service to have an excellent user experience.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities (essential functions):
• Develops and maintains design, build, implementation system management documentation related to Cisco Unified Communications.
• Evaluates hardware and software products to determine effectiveness of use with strategic design of VoIP and IP Telephony applications.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with vendor product specialists.
• Operates as a subject matter expert in Cisco Unified Communication applications.
• Promotes VoIP and IP Telephony technology recommendations that support the business.
• Oversees the implementation of technical upgrades, patching efforts and security governance related to voice technologies.
• Develops and maintains procedures for installation, configuration, and change management of VoIP and IP Telephony systems and platforms.
• Operates as a change agent in delivering long-term solutions that are adaptable to future trends and services. Engineers solutions to business requirements.
• Performs capacity planning strategy to ensure systems are operational and sustainable.
• Partners with business leaders, industry experts, and vendor product specialist to create strategic roadmap.
• Builds monitoring strategy for voice environment.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience with Cisco UCM, UCCX, Unity Connection and related applications.
• CCNA: Voice
• 5+ years’ experience with Cisco IP Telephony applications
• Solid understanding of business processes.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience Designing VoIP and IP Telephony applications, services, and related technologies.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Linux appliances.
• Minimum of 5 years’ design experience with virtual servers ESXi.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience building and deploying high availability systems for VoIP services.
• CCIE: Voice
• 5+ years designing and building Voice infrastructure environments.
• 5+ Experience with VoIP services in a manage service environment.
• Experience managing projects using project management methodologies.
• Experience with IP Telephony applications and services.
• Knowledge of network technologies in routing, switching, firewalls, load balancers, proxy, and Active Directory.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong analytical problem solving skills.
• Ability to work long hours in front of computer monitor.
• Ability to concentrate and participate in meetings for long periods.
• Strong communications skills.
• Ability to translate business problems into technical solutions.
• Ability to work will if fast-paced environment.
• Ability to challenge assumptions and perform an impact analysis.