System Engineer III
The Systems Engineer III identifies system integrity issues and solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal.
* Position requires 80% nationwide or overseas travel . No hazard zones. *
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Ensures designs are compatible with the architecture and allocates requirements to segments.
- Provides services to the design, development, and integration of hardware, software, man-machine interfaces and all system level requirements to provide an integrated IT solution.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
- Installation, upgrade and migration projects using Microsoft, Citrix, and VMware
- Advanced infrastructure troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Writing technical documentation
- Install physical and virtual servers
- Oversee installation of SAN devices
- Install and support clustered operating systems and storage devices
- Install and support MS Active Directory.
- Install and support of VMware or Citrix
- Design and testing of infrastructure systems
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with Citrix (building servers, Server farms, etc.)
- Experience with Server Virtualization (VMware, Microsoft or Citrix)
- Experience with Desktop Virtualization (Citrix Xendesktop and/or VMware View)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a concentration in a directly related field with 4-7 years directly related experience.
- Four years of directly related work experience can be substituted for a college bachelor’s degree.
- Active Secret security clearance or above.
- Experience with an Enterprise Storage
- AppSense experience
- MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- CCEE or A (Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer or Administrator), CCIA (Citrix Certified Integration Architect), or a strong CCA (Citrix Certified Administrator
- VCP (VMware Certified Professional) designation
Convergence Technology Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Every employee has the right to work in an environment free from all forms of discrimination. We are, therefore, committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. This policy reflects the organization’s belief that providing equal opportunities for all employees is both a moral responsibility and good management practice. We recruit, employ, retain, compensate, train, promote, discipline, terminate and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based solely on qualifications, performance, and competence. All employees and applicants will be treated without regard to age, sex, color, religion, race, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, current or future military status, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital or familial status, physical or mental disability, legal source of income or any other status protected by law.