Enterprise Desktop Architect – Virtualization
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day is purposeful. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture Of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine access to your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. Those are just a few of the ways we empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
In your role as Enterprise Desktop Architect you will be responsible for the review and architecture of emerging/innovative technologies for end user computing. You will act as the subject matter expert on all issues relating to the physical and virtual end devices who the team will count on to take ownership and drive the team to completion and resolution. You will provide leadership for the planning, design, and transition of the end device environment including but not limited to; maintaining the device images, Early Life Support, providing Level 3 care to lead Desktop Technicians, Application Deployment and Continual Process Improvement. The ideal individual will demonstrate strong problem solving skills and the ability to understand how divergent technologies can integrate at the end point.
- The review and architecture of emerging/innovative technologies for end user computing.
- Provide leadership for the planning, design, and transition of the end device environment including but not limited to; maintaining the device images, Early Life Support, providing Level 3 care to lead Desktop Technicians, Application Deployment and Continual Process Improvement.
- Packaging applications for deployment through the best available method to meet end user needs.
- Assist and advise in development and setting up of long-range plans and goals for the end device environment as well as evaluating new technologies for usefulness within the business.
- Architect new enterprise wide solutions. Involvement with these initiatives will include high level end device issue resolution. You will be expected to understand end device solutions holistically and be able to work cross-functionally to lead end device solution initiatives.
- Work with each phase of the desktop environment to ensure it is meeting the needs and expectations of the security team, application team, network team, and Stakeholders of Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Adhere to ITIL standards of Service Design and Service Transition.
- Creation of technical and operational management documentation and updates including but not limited to Visio Environment Diagrams, functional and technical requirements, process flows and guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management, or Information Technology preferred.
- Knowledge of current industry protocols, standards/ best practices and technologies for end device management including mobility.
- 5+ years of experience installing, configuring, automating, and managing Windows XP, Windows 7, Office 2007 and higher Office suites.
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting and enabling configuration management with Group Policy Objects (GPO) as they relate to the desktop.
- 3+ years of experience with scripting technologies such as VBScript, PowerShell or AutoIT Script.
- 3+ years of experience in Client Lifecycle management tools (i.e. Landesk, CA Unicenter, IBM Tivoli) with application packaging, asset reporting, and patch management.
- 3+ years of experience in virtualization of desktops (i.e. VMware View, Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft RDS) and virtualization of applications (i.e. VMware ThinApp, Citrix XenApp, MS App-V).
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness. CTCA Stakeholders form the team of experts who deliver evidence-based clinical therapies, supported by state-of-the art technology and whole person support, including nutrition, mind-body medicine and naturopathic medicine, among many others. We never stop fighting and we always care for each patient as a whole person.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. We are fighters at heart and we look for people who delight serving patients. The power, determination and beauty of the human spirit will enrich and energize you. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment?