Escape Communications designs, produces and sells complex wireless communications products and systems into the telecommunications equipment and satellite communications industries. We are located in the South Bay area, a few short miles from Los Angeles County beaches. Escape is a small company, where employees get the opportunity to wear many hats and learn many disciplines. We are growing, and we are looking for exceptional, motivated individuals to grow with us. We are currently looking for engineers with expertise in software design and communications signal processing.
Escape Communications develops state-of-the-art signal processing platforms for terrestrial microwave, millimeterwave and SATCOM radio links. These platforms employ highly flexible architectures, with configurable modulation modes ranging from FSK to 4096QAM, and configurable bit rates ranging up to multi-gigabits per second. Advanced features include cross-polarization interference canceling, diversity combining, adaptive modulation & coding, and advanced forward error correction. Flexible Mux and Demux functions allow the combining of multiple line interface types and channels within a single radio link. Our military SATCOM terminal platform products employ complex protected frequency hopped, time permuted TDMA waveforms. Applications include cellular backhaul, broadband wireless access backhaul, high capacity last mile, private networks, as well as commercial and military satellite communications.
Escape is seeking a talented and motivated individual to be a key contributor in signal processing development and implementation on our radio modem products. Responsibilities include:
- Design and implementation of FPGA-based digital signal processing systems
- Development of self-checking unit/system test benches
- Test Automation
- Troubleshooting and resolving design issues
The position requires RTL design experience (VHDL preferred, Verilog OK). The following skillsets are also required:
- Understanding of FPGA design flow (synthesis, place & route, etc)
- Strong understanding of software and hardware interaction
- Understanding of hardware architecture
- Ability to read and understand schematic designs
- Basic knowledge of lab equipment such as oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, power supply
- Excellent verbal and written skills to interact with design teams
The following skillsets are desired, although not strictly required:
- Experience with script languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
- MATLAB/Simulink modeling of communications systems
- Experience of full development cycle of FPGA design
- High level language programming(C, C++)
- Xilinx and Altera Tool Suites
A bachelor’s degree in EE or CS is required; a master’s degree is strongly preferred. Preference will be given to applicants with prior relevant experience.
Escape Communications offers a relaxed work environment and a generous benefits package, including health benefits, flexible vacation time, a 401K retirement plan, and an incentive stock options plan for qualified applicants.
Escape Communications is an equal opportunity employer.