Business Objects, SQL Report Developer
Under general direction and supervision of the Lead Technical Report Writer, the Report Writer develops, uses and supports enterprise level report writing tools to develop custom clinical and financial reports for enterprise use and decision making. This position maintains a report library index of both standard reports available within applications and certified custom reports developed by staff report writers. Must have high level of healthcare and accounting knowledge. Must display ability to analyze data and situations, reason logically, and draw valid conclusions. Must demonstrate expertise with report writing tools such as McKesson's Horizon Business Insight, SAP Business Objects, Crystal Reports, SSRS and general use of report writing solutions within various healthcare\financial related applications Full lifecycle development including analysis, design, development, testing, and detailed documentation including version control best practices.
Has experience with data normalization and advanced knowledge of database objects and concepts. Exercises own judgment to plan and accomplish goals and set priorities with limited supervision. Monitors IS customer support system for assigned tasks and functions. Participates in the research, recommendation, development and implementation of report writing solutions.
Bachelor’s Degree. May accept associates degree in combination with demonstrated technical experience equivalent to a 4 year degree using HBI, Business Objects, Crystal, SQL queries or report building tools
Special Skills Required:
- Certification or path to complete in Crystal report writing and Business Objects
- Professional oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear and concise instructions
- Perform in a fast-paced environment where project deadlines are critical and multiple projects run in parallel
- In-depth knowledge of Stored Procedures, Views, Analytical Functions, Database Functions and advanced SQL querying in multiple languages.
- High level understanding of data normalization and data analysis
- Critical thinking skills and ability to translate and understand customer’s requirements for financial and clinical data.
- Complex problem solving surrounding database environments
- Troubleshoot and Support reporting systems in a Production environment including resolving issues and deploying bug fixes in a timely manner
Required: A minimum of ONE appropriate certification for report writing tools (i.e. Crystal Reports, HBI or Business Objects) Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree. May accept associates degree in combination with demonstrated technical experience equivalent to a 4 year degree.
Apply online at www.memorialhealth.com/careers
Questions? Contact Lori at SchriLo1@memorialhealth.com