Carpathia Hosting, Inc., a leading provider of managed hosting services, is seeking reliable, self-driven, technology-focused applicants to join our data center team in Ashburn, Virginia.
The data center is 24x7 and this is a shift-work position and requires an active Top Secret clearance with an SCI. We are recruiting specifically for the day shift: 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. All candidates must be flexible to cover weekends and holiday shifts as necessary.
• Develop, maintain, and monitor procedures for all server and system backups
• Develop and implement a plan to provide fail-over capacity of mission critical servers, applications and networks
• Develop, review, and standardize system recovery plans
• Monitor, plan, and coordinate the renewal, maintenance, installation, and configuration of software certificates, service packs, patches, and upgrade
• Provide remote technical support to customer integration team
• Maintain excellent communication with our customer’s integration team on all tasks and projects
• Physically install and maintain servers and other networking equipment
• Monitor servers for acceptable performance and user accessibility
• Create monitoring reports and logs
• Prepare activity, incident, and progress reports regarding customer’s system performance
• Administer bulk e-mail systems
• Monitor all datacenter resources (power, cooling, and space)
• Perform miscellaneous other tasks as assigned including escorting vendors to the secure site
Applicants must meet or exceed the following qualifications:
• Must possess an active Top Secret clearance with an SCI • Must be able to work multiple shifts, including weekends and overnights (team works on a rotating schedule) • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Outstanding customer service skills • Ability to work well in a fast-paced team-oriented environment and able to grasp new technical information quickly • Ability to work independently with little supervision • Strong understanding of networking • 3-5 years of Technical Experience • Ability to lift up to 50+lbs • Relevant experience working in a customer-facing 24x7 production data center environment
Carpathia Hosting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.