Carpathia Hosting Inc. is looking for a Network Administrator and a Systems Administrator for our corporate headquarters in Dulles, VA. Candidates must be US Citizens.
As a key member of the operations team you will be directly responsible for the successful implementation and support of our customers’ networks. Communication with customers and vendors in a clear and professional manner is an absolute must.
Carpathia Hosting, Inc. is a fast paced environment and the ability to multitask and prioritize complex work while paying attention to the details will be critical to your success.
2 positions/shifts available: Weds-Sat 7am-6pm; Sun-Wed 7am-6pm
Primary Responsibilities: Network Administrator
- Perform hands-on configuration, installation, and day-to-day operational support of all aspects of our clients’ networks.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems and ticket resolution processes.
- Work closely with the systems team to troubleshoot issues.
- Interact with vendor technical support groups to resolve problems and bugs.
- Participate in the on call rotation and serve as an escalation point for network issues.
In addition to general Microsoft Office and Visio experience we require:
- Knowledge of various router configurations such as those for Cisco and Juniper.
- Experience with the configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of some of the following products:
- Cisco routers and switches, including the 7600 & 6500 series
- Cisco Pix/ASA firewall and VPN concentrator configuration
- Juniper routers and switches, including the M & MX series
- Juniper SSG & SRX series firewalls
- Foundry switches including the ServerIron & BigIron series
- F5 BigIP LTM
- Citrix Netscaler
- Experience with the use of SNMP agents.
- Experience with new facility build-outs and wiring specifications.
- Experience with enterprise class Network Management platforms.
Technical Certifications requested:
- Network +
- Cisco Certification at CCNA or above
- Two years of progressive network operations experience, ideally in a NOC or SOC
- BS / BA in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check
- US Citizenship required due to contractual obligations we have with our customers
Systems Administrator Tier II
Two Positions Available: Sun – Wed 7:30am – 6:30pm; Wed – Sat 10:30am – 9:30pm
As a member of Carpathia’s 24x7 system operations team you will be directly responsible for the successful implementation and support of our customers Linux/Unix and Microsoft platform solutions. Communication with customers, vendors and co-workers in a clear and professional manner is an absolute must.
Carpathia Hosting, Inc. is a fast paced environment focused on the customer experience and your ability to multitask, assimilate data, make decisions and prioritize complex work while paying attention to the details will be critical to your success.
- Provide operational support in response to monitoring alerts and resolve incidents.
- Deliver customer-focused support through phone calls and ticket-based communications.
- Perform scheduled system maintenance activities including:
- Hardware and software upgrades
- Software and application patching
- Complete data backup and restore tasks on tape and disk based backup platforms.
- Work closely with others to troubleshoot complex customer issues and document solutions.
- Manage your assigned tickets to ensure SLA compliance and customer satisfaction.
In addition to general Microsoft Office experience we require:
- An understanding of Windows and Linux/Unix Server operating systems:
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012
- Red Hat Linux / CentOS Linux
- Understanding of various services such as DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSL and SSH.
- Prior data center or computer room experience preferred.
- Candidates must be willing to jump in and learn new tools and technologies in support of a very diverse set of customers.
- At times the candidate may be required to lift objects up to 75 pounds, though this is not a primary job requirement.
Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus:
- Databases – MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Virtualization Platforms – VMware, Citrix XEN, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Web Server – IIS, Apache
- SNMP Monitoring
- 2-5 yrs Systems Administration experience
- Related technology certification preferred (MCSA/RHCT/SCSA/LPIC)
- Server+, Network+, or Security+ certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to execute flawlessly in stressful situations
- Credit checks are conducted for this role
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Carpathia Hosting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.