Description: Our client’s Technology Group is seeking to fill the position of Surveillance and Monitoring Developer in the Americas. This role will work closely with the Lead Developer, as well as E-Discovery / Surveillance and Monitoring Technical Analysts, Compliance and iRisk teams on providing a comprehensive E-Discovery and Surveillance service to our client’s groups. This role will be focused on developing solutions that meet the strategic vision of the e-Discovery and Surveillance services, with a focus on scripting and development. This role will be responsible for creating technical solutions for improving the quality of data integrity and reporting in the environment. The role will also require assisting with business projects in close collaboration with the Lead Developer.
- Work one-on-one with the Lead Developer, and Surveillance and Monitoring / E-Discovery Technical analysts on helping implement technical designs that match the business requirements.
- Heavy scripting and development of glue processes between vendor and internal applications using appropriate technologies (Shell, Perl, VBA).
- Maintain a solid relationship and provide consulting to Compliance / Group Legal. Provide second line support for investigations and incident management.
- Become a trusted technology advisor for technical analysts and clients providing consultation on Surveillance and Monitoring applications, E-Discovery Applications, and the capture of E-Communications.
- Become a subject matter expert in the technologies used for Monitoring and Surveillance / E-Discovery and work with vendors on the optimal configuration.
- Escalate issues to Regional account management where appropriate
- Consult with vendors and maintain the regional relationships with E-Communications and retention vendors for client to resolve technical issues / upgrade platforms / evaluate new products.
- Enhance, evaluate, test and certify software products and their integration with existing software products during deployments.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Exposure to Software Development Lifecycle with prior experience deploying enterprise class applications / tools and operational procedures to a segregated operations team.
- Ability to produce work estimates and timelines for delivery with reasonable accuracy.
- Must be able to maintain source code integrity and build versions for the production and test environments.
- Ability to translate business process into technical designs, and document this for review by Architecture Boards.
- Previous experience with vendor management and other systems support to identify and resolve complex technical problems across various teams.
- Compliance and Retention Systems experience. Regulatory familiarity is a must.
- Expert knowledge of information technology – including configuration/installation of applications, operating systems, networks, storage, and light scripting.
- Strong SQL Database Queries and understand complex data relationships and SQL Reporting (familiarity with SSRS reporting is a plus)
- Scripting knowledge of Perl, Shell, Python, and VBA.
- Must be able to work nights across multiple time zones (Primarily Asia / Australia) if required
- Ability to evaluate, test and certify software products and their integration with existing software products in the electronic communication retention environment.
- Solid understanding or familiarity with Actiance, Globanet, and Symantec Product Suites.
- Solid knowledge of Active Directory, Vault, Archiving Systems, and WORM storage.
Experience & Skills Desired:
- Understanding of investment banking and investment banking operations a plus.
- Development background.
- Experience in a law firm or other regulatory environment is a plus.