Primary Location - Falls Church, VA
Compensation - Salary +Benefits
Kore Federal addresses data analytical applications in various areas of our work, including law enforcement and financial domains. We have data analytics team members to run various data mining, text mining, machine learning, and statistical predictive tools using such as R and Weka.
We are seeking a Machine Learning / Text Mining Engineer who has experience working in financial regulatory environments, with an emphasis on text analytics. The right candidate will have experience with object-oriented programming (e.g., Java, J2EE) to assist in deployment of developed algorithms and solutions.
- Prepare structured and unstructured data collection for statistical and machine learning tasks
- Extract patterns from a large datasets and transform data into an informational advantage for decision support
- Perform machine learning and data mining applications, such as clustering, automated classification, and predictive modeling
- Help develop predictive analytics models that include data collection, organization, advanced statistical analysis and predictive solutions, text and data mining
Requirements, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's or Ph.D. degree preferred: Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience in knowledge of relational databases (Oracle preferred)
- At least 2 years’ experience in a statistical and data mining software package such as R, Weka, or equivalent
- Solid object oriented programming skills (e.g. Python, Java, J2EE, C/C++, R )
- Background in NLP, text mining or related field
- Experience working in financial regulatory environments
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
Knowledge: NLP, machine learning/neural nets, pattern recognition, statistical data mining, data analytics, structured and unstructured datasets, cluster analysis, multi-analytic frameworks including Model-based, Bayesian Networks, and Historical Instance Based Analytics. Data Analytics Engineer / Data Mining / Data Modeling / Machine Learning / Neural Nets / Pattern Recognition
Kore Federal is an ISO 9001-2008 certified information technology solutions firm providing skilled consultants and engineers to solve complex technical problems for the United States Federal Government focusing primarily on critical national defense programs for Homeland Security, the intelligence community, and the Department of Defense. We specialize in Information Technology Modernization, Application Development, Enterprise Architecture, and Technology Insertion. We have developed our core competencies to address the needs of the evolving government market by producing durable, adaptable, economical solutions that integrate seamlessly within the emerging architectures and standards. We combine strategic planning capabilities, government domain expertise, and cutting-edge technology to address the full technology life cycle.