This position provides an opportunity for a seasoned software engineer to leverage their skills and creativity to work on Cartera loyalty shopping platform. Work as part of a team working on a wide range of projects: new feature development, maintaining sites serving millions of people, platform performance optimizations, and development and deployment of dynamic shopping sites for top companies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and deploy platform code and applications content for the Cartera Commerce platform
- Work closely with product management to define and refine product requirements
- Lead feature design, estimation and oversee work of junior developers
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience building and deploying medium-large scale web based applications using Tomcat (or similar) and Apache
- Strong experience with PHP and LAMP stack
- Experience with PHP development frameworks such as Symfony, design patterns
- Strong experience with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc.
- Good diagnostic and debugging techniques
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in CS or related field
- Product development lifecycle including specification and quality assurance
- Solid verbal and written communications skills
- Sense of humor
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Smarty or another PHP template framework
- Understanding of memory & thread management
- Experience with Web Services, SOAP, AJAX, etc.
- Experience with e-commerce applications, shopping search or targeting, ad networks, analytics/reporting/data Warehouse applications, mobile applications, online affiliate marketing, SEO/SEM, and email marketing
Cartera Commerce seeks people who embrace our values of shared success, respect, impact, persistence, the ability to walk in our customer in a fun work environment. Cartera Commerce offers competitive compensation packages including stock options, medical and health insurance, company-paid holidays, and three weeks of paid vacation per year.
At Cartera Commerce everyone is empowered and responsible for innovating, building, and producing. If this kind of high-energy environment appeals to you, send us your resume today!