PeopleMedia (sister company to Match.com and OkCupid) operates over 25 unique, high-trafficked, highly available sites and transforms the lives of millions of singles across the country. We are currently looking for a Sr. Database Engineer that has the experience and passion to deliver results. What does it mean to be a Database Engineer at one of the top players in the online dating space? You will work hard, play hard, and make a difference. Your knowledge and skills will NOT go unused, as you will be encouraged to learn more and do more. You will take your experience in all phases of SQL Server and put those to work on day one (and every day thereafter). You will design, analyze code, optimize, and maintain all databases, tables, stored procedures, indexes, triggers, data extraction, transformation, and validation (because you ROCK). You will advise, guide, and provide input (because you are a Database Ninja). Intrigued yet? Well, do you have what it takes to join our dynamic Database team? We are looking for people who:
- Love to ship great software
- Appreciate the difference between good database design and great database design
- Are committed to writing clean code
- Write SQL code that performs well in a high-transaction 24/7 environment (because that’s what we do!).
- Understand the “why” behind the code they write
- Know their way around a query execution plan
- Use DMVs to validate code performance
- Like to discover things like “how the optimizer works”
- Meet tight project schedules (we move at a fast pace and wouldn’t have it any other way!).
- Can translate business requirements into solid designs and efficient code
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Communicate well one-on-one, in meetings and through email (must be able to TALK the talk and WALK the walk).
More about People Media: One of the leading technology companies in the online personals market, People Media was founded on the conviction that the Internet can and does transform lives. Every month, nearly half a million new members join our sites. The People Media family of sites includes OurTime.com, the cultural sensation for singles over 50; BlackPeopleMeet.com, one of the biggest urban brands on the Internet; and SingleParentsMeet.com. All three sites are No. 1 in their categories.
Operated by IAC, People Media is the sister company to Match.com and OkCupid. Over the last decade, we have become the definitive online personals provider for singles seeking to connect through specialized communities. Our vertically focused communities place a strategic emphasis on targeted demographics and technical innovation. The face of love is evolving along with that of our society, and so is People Media. Sophisticated demographic analytics and innovative application development keep us on the cutting edge of the online dating industry. Grouped together, our communities consistently appear in the comScore/Media Metrix Top 10.