Location: Corporate Headquarters, Milpitas, CA
Job ID: 2404
Join one of the fastest growing companies in high technology. FireEye is transforming the IT security landscape to combat the next generation of cyber-attacks.
Ranked #4 on the Deloitte 2012 Technology Fast 500 in North America, FireEye has been featured in BusinessWeek, Bloomberg TV, The Wall Street Journal, Fox News and several other mainstream media and continues to transform the security industry with its unique technology to stop advanced cyber- attacks. FireEye is the recipient of the Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award as well as the JPMorgan Chase Hall of Innovation Award.
The unique FireEye platform provides the industry’s leading cross-enterprise threat protection technology to dynamically identify and block cyber-attacks in real time. The core of the FireEye platform is a signature-less, virtual machine-based security engine and a cloud-based threat intelligence network, which help organizations protect their assets across all primary threat vectors, including Web, email, and file. The FireEye platform is deployed in over 40 countries and more than 900 customers and partners, including over 100 of the Fortune 500. FireEye’s customers include leading enterprises in a diverse set of industries, including telecommunications providers, financial services entities, Internet search engines, social networking sites, stock exchanges, electrical grid operators, networking vendors, and oil and gas companies, as well as leading governmental agencies. Join the team that is protecting the world from the next generation of cyber-attacks!
FireEye Senior Staff Engineer Job Description
We are seeking seasoned software developers with the passion and experience necessary to design, develop, and support FireEye’s leading edge product suites.
• Ownership of significant areas of the code for both new feature development as well as to maintain/redesign of the existing areas of the product
• Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of manageability, availability, scalability, reliability, and maintainability of the product
• Active participation in our ongoing process enhancements and software development practices
This person will be responsible for the design and implementation of scalable software and solutions required for the various cloud-based services provided by FireEye. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the software development life cycle for the applicable projects, including gathering requirements, design, implementation and deployment. This position requires senior software development skills focusing on distributed applications, scalability and performance tuning.
• Strong Linux systems and network programming skills
• Strong programming skills in C and Python on Linux
• Strong knowledge of distributed systems: Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP), high availability (Linux-HA), scalability and related
• Strong knowledge of cloud technologies
• Good knowledge of databases is a plus; SQL and/or noSQL
• Strong problem solving and debugging skills, ability to analyze complex multivariate problems and use a systematic approach to gain quick resolution
• Excellent organizational skills including ability to manage own time effectively
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
• B.S in CS or higher degree in CS or equivalent experience
• Must work well in a demanding, fast paced team environment
FIreEye, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer