Title: Sr. Malware Analysis and Forensics Instructor (Full-time)
Location: Telecommute from any location (travel to customer sites)
FireEye, ranked the fastest growing communications/networking company in North America on Deloitte’s 2013 Technology Fast 500™, is transforming the IT security landscape to combat today’s advanced cyber attacks and we want you to be part of our team.
FireEye’s disruption in the IT security industry has been all over media outlets such as in BusinessWeek, Bloomberg TV, The Wall Street Journal, Fox News, and several others. A leader in advanced technology, FireEye has received the Wall Street Journal Technology Innovation Award as well as the JPMorgan Chase Hall of Innovation Award. FireEye has also been recognized as one of the top 5 IPOs of 2013 by Wall Street Journal.
Following the acquisition of Mandiant, FireEye is now the ONLY company that can deliver a comprehensive platform to detect, resolve, and prevent advance attacks on a global basis. FireEye is now the go-to company for some of the largest enterprises and government agencies across the globe.
FireEye has invented a purpose-built, virtual machine-based security platform that provides real-time threat protection to enterprises and governments worldwide against the next generation of cyber attacks. These highly sophisticated cyber attacks easily circumvent traditional signature-based defenses, such as next-generation firewalls, IPS, anti-virus, and gateways. The FireEye Threat Prevention Platform provides real-time, dynamic threat protection without the use of signatures to protect an organization across the primary threat vectors and across the different stages of an attack life cycle. The core of the FireEye platform is a virtual execution engine, complemented by dynamic threat intelligence, to identify and block cyber attacks in real time. FireEye has over 1,500 customers across more than 40 countries, including over 100 of the Fortune 500.
FireEye is looking for a Malware Analysis and Forensics Instructor!
We are looking for an Instructor who will act as a Subject Matter Expert and who would help create and teach Malware Analysis and Forensics training materials. The instructor will work with the Sr. Instructional Designer and technical experts at FireEye, Inc.
The consultant will:
Develop training materials for intermediate and advanced classes, and perform instructor-led training for the advanced classes
Help manage an on-line community for malware analysts and forensics practitioners
Work with our internal malware analysis team on research and new trends
Travel is expected to deliver training about 30% +
The instructor will need to have the following knowledge and skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience leading technical training
- Some experience providing content for CBTs helpful
- Dynamic and static analysis of executables
- Strong knowledge of IDA Pro
- Ability to read Intel x86 code
- Ability to manually unpack packed binaries
- Knowledge of how to analyze malicious document files
- Experience performing forensic analysis of Windows systems
- Excellent knowledge of how malware infects Windows systems
- Ability to program in one or more computer languages
- Ability to perform original research and create or polish tools
- Ability to lead a technical community in the areas of malware and forensics
- Ability to manage virtualized training lab
- Fluent in Spanish
FireEye, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer