Aldera (formerly Healthation) outfits healthcare payers and administrators with a flexible, rules-based, and functionally-rich platform that allows them to meet industry challenges, improve business performance and future-proof their organizations. Aldera brings efficacy to core administration across all lines of business in commercial and government markets. Aldera is committed to devising solutions that meet a customer’s current and future business challenges and enable them to grow amidst increased competition and shifting risk. Aldera’s offerings are available via SaaS subscription model in either a cloud-based or client-hosted environment.
Aldera is currently seeking to add to its growing employee ranks with a Product Specialist in the Product Management group. Reporting to the VP, Product Management this position will work closely with clients to identify, clarify, prioritize, schedule and specify product enhancements. This position may be remote or in either our Lisle, IL or San Diego, CA offices.
- Act as a Product Owner for assigned product components and market segments. Provide product and subject matter expertise of assigned functional business processes to the organization, including development of business process models, demonstration scripts, enhancements, presentations, and collateral.
- Research and summarize the impacts of government regulations on the software.
- Coordinate enhancements related to integration of product partnerships.
- Work with customers to obtain User Stories for Epic level product concepts using interviews, questionnaires, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, and site visits.
- Develop written explanations for business problems by decomposing Epic level product concepts into User Stories which are delivered to Product Development per the product roadmap.
- Perform subject matter expert reviews of requirement documents produced by the Software Development department.
- Research and specify product requirements for gaps found during sale pursuits.
- Gather product usability feedback from external and internal customers and formulate product enhancements.
- Provide direction and support to Systems Analysts, Software Engineers and Quality Analysts developing and testing enhancement specifications.
- Support interdepartmental work efforts to assure delivery of complete product support upon rollout.
- Monitors product development at predefined checkpoints to assure compliance with product area requirements.
- Serve as primary channel with Sales organization for product requests and new product release information in assigned product components.
- Assist in responding to external RFP’s.
- Other duties as determined based on business needs.
- 5 + years of experience in Healthcare payer industry.
- 5 + years of experience in performing business analysis and developing business requirements and/or user stories.
- Analytical, investigation and organizational skills for evaluation of information gathered from multiple industry, customer, and government sources.
- Experience in business and systems analysis including enhancement specification development.
- Proven technical or business writing experience
- Proven experience with developing sales and marketing collateral
- Excellent communication, decision making and organizational skills.
- Proven planning, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of various database management systems including SQL Server.
Education and/or Experience:
- 4 Year college degree or equivalent