Position: Oracle SOA B2B Architect
Location: Denver, CO
Duration: 6+ months
The Sr. EDI B2B Developer reports directly into the Manager of Technical Development for the duration of the project. He will collaborate with a team of senior developers, and solution architects in defining the overall EDI/SOA solution and integration strategy for a brand new program area. The solution requires information exchange and implementation of distributed business processes with multiple external organizations using best of breed EDI/SOA components (ESB, Business Rules, Workflow, Messaging, etc.).
- The candidate will work with several partners and sub-contractors to maintain one cohesive architecture and develop and implement EDI/SOA governance processes, design review process and code/software auditing processes.
- The candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of a Service Oriented Architecture requiring information exchange and distributed business processes with multiple external organizations.
- The candidate should feel very comfortable rationalizing architecture decisions in clear/objective manner for the client and should have ability to work in a multi-vendor environment and achieve broad consensus.
- Provide expertise in the design, development and implementation of EDI integrations and software solutions that meet the business requirements of the organization
- Develop, test, and install electronic transaction interfaces with customers, suppliers and 3rd party business partners. Interfaces include all EDI transactions and XML messages.
- Develop, test, and maintain EDI process flows, document maps and configurations
- Work closely with multiple Oracle and SAP teams on EDI/SOA implementations
- Assist in establishing processes for EDI/SOA activities within global environment.
- Work closely with internal and external customers, EDI partners, and other IT personnel to identify process gaps and define potential solutions
- Responsible for creating application architecture and design documents in compliance with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Work with team of developers to develop a mission-critical, maintainable and achievable SOA based enterprise architecture.
- Architect with a balanced view of all key architectural quality metrics such as performance, scalability, reliability, availability, agility and interoperability. Develop pragmatic solution that balances strategic and tactical concerns.
- Create innovative and efficient technical applications by identifying products and/or technologies that need to be researched.
- Hands-on implementation of multiple JEE and SOA solution components, design and development of frameworks for multiple teams.
- Design and implement a reusable architectural framework and processes that enables various development teams to focus on creating business logic and not spend time on plumbing.
- Provide technical guidance to all members of the SOA Center of Excellence;
- Act as task leader for the implementation of the Oracle SOA Suite;
- Develop and implement SOA Governance plan
- A related degree is required plus 4+ years of experience architecting, leading complicated integration and/or SOA based projects. In addition, you should fulfill following requirements
- 5+ yrs of experience on B2B Integration with 2-3 yrs on Gentran Integration Suite (GIS) or Sterling Integrator (SI), GPM, BPML, trading partner configuration, map development and EDI standards
- 3 + years of experience working with EDI systems design, development, and analysis, including knowledge of trading partner/scheduling agreements and configurations, mapping, connectivity (VAN, AS2, HTTP),ANSIX12 and XML standards.
- Experience in GIS/SI patch installation and administration
- Experience in all B2B protocols and webservices
- Strong knowledge of UNIX (Solaris, HPUX) and LINUX and shell script design.
- Strong Knowledge of Enterprise Application and Business-to-Business Integration.
- Experience in XPATH, XML, XSL, BPML, BPEL.
- Experience working with document transfer protocols: Connect:Direct, Connect:Enterprise, FTP/FTPs, HTTP/HTTPs, SFTP, SMTP,SOAP, SwiftNet, WebServices, AS1, AS2, AS3, etc.
- Experience configuring and managing IBM STERLING B2B INTEGRATOR in a High Availability Configuration.
- Experience with Java / J2EE preferred.
- Experience working with Oracle, SQL Server, mySQL databases: database sizing, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and query design.
- Experience with Oracle SOA design and implementation
- Hands-on experience as solution architecture for large-scale projects and communication skills to articulate, rationalize and document architectural decisions.
- Solid experience with “loosely-coupled” SOA architecture components including Enterprise Service Bus, Service Registry and Service Repository based architectures. Knowledge of service composition and orchestrations using ESB, BPEL and workflow components
- Hands-on ability provisioning and integrating services using Enterprise Service Bus using a middleware SOA Platform like JBoss SOA Platform, Oracle SOA platform, etc. Ability to leverage ESB for service composition, mediation, routing and other cross-cutting concerns
- Experience with Web Services, REST, WS-I compliance, WS-* standards, WS-Security standards, XML Schema authorizing, XPath, XQuery. Real world experience with messaging (JMS, MQ, Active MQ, etc.)
- Collaborative leadership skills, strong communications and team-building skills that optimize contributions from diverse, highly-skilled professionals. Ability to consider various view points and working with Technical manager to determine best solution.
- Solid understanding of deployment and infrastructure architecture principles and how to deploy SOA based architecture in a virtualized/cloud environment and design for scalability, performance and availability.
- Experience with portal products like JBoss Enterprise Portal Platform, Oracle Web Center or equivalent desirable. Ability to architect flexible and extensible Web UI
- Strong experience with Oracle products such as WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA Suite 11g including the development and design of Mediator, Rules Engine and Proxy Services components.
- Strong troubleshooting and administrative skills using WebLogic Server, Oracle SOA Suite 11g and Oracle Service Bus 11g in a highly available environment.
- Good Linux operating system skills