Overview: The Field Signal Test Engineer is responsible for planning, leading, and executing all required testing such as first article testing, factory acceptance testing, local field testing, system commissioning testing, dynamic testing, and system integration testing.
- Installs, operates, maintains, repairs, and modifies equipment.
- Conducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations.
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications, and recommends course of action.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems...solutions are imaginative, thorough, and practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- Develops a test plan.
- Develops test procedures.
- Lead all types of signal testing.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
- 10 years of professional experience in freight, commuter, and mass transit signaling systems
- ABS, TCS, ATC, PTC, Highway Crossing system experience
- Construction experience required
- Familiarity with FRA rules and regulations 49 CFR parts 234 and 236
- Must have strong MS Office skills