The Programmer Analyst’s role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Programmer Analyst will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
· Collaborate with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
· Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
· Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
· Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
· Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users.
· Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
· Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
· Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
· Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
· Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
· Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
· Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
· Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
· Generate statistics and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
· Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
· Train end users to operate new or modified programs.
· Install software products for end users as required.
2 or 4-year College degree typically in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering.
At least 6 years of professional programming work experience.
· Proficient development skills in .NET and the Visual Basic programming language.
· Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
· Extensive database development experience with MS SQL Server and Oracle.
· Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
· Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.