Are you a brilliant and ambitious software engineer with management experience? Check this out…
If you’re looking for a boring desk job at a giant cookie-cutter company this job is not for you. My client is one of Chicago’s leading financial lending companies with offices and clients all over the world. The team is mid-sized and extremely collaborative. They are a tight knit group and all share a passion for technology and innovation; communication is key.
The person chosen for this role has free rein over the career paths and projects their team works on and is a respected mentor. You need to have the drive to succeed and help others succeed in this fast paced environment. This leadership role requires someone familiar with building teams and the entire SDLC. TDD is huge and flexibility is key in this ever changing management role.
This person will need:
- 2+ years experience with hands on software management
- Experience building teams and managing direct reports (hiring and firing)
- Solid foundation of the design and development of web applications
- Specific project management experience – samples to prove it
- Familiarity working with Linux
- You’re a rock star if you have experience working with angular, ember, or PostgreSQL
- Successful experience designating work load and coaching a team
- Extensive experience with at least 2 of the following: Ruby, perl, python, Java, c++, PHP