Who am I working for?
One of Chicago’s most inventive Agile Ruby consultancies is hiring, do you have what it takes to join the team? Founded in 2008 by a small group of user-centric programmers this company now has 30 employees in Chicago, California, and Florida. As a ruby on rails, iOS, and Android shop culture fit and team collaboration are huge. With a casual work environment, company sponsored trips to Florida, and regular conference participation this company is looking for a reliable client facing, innovative, developer. This is a direct hire opportunity with amazing benefits, PTO, travel, and regular company outings.
What am I doing?
In this role you will be a part of an 8 person development team located downtown Chicago. You will work alongside clients, team members (usually paired), and directly with the CEO to develop top notch web, iPhone, and iPad applications. With a client list teeming with up-and-coming and established companies a dull moment is never to be expected. This is an entirely flat organization which means each team member needs to put on their game face and kill it every day.
What will I need?
- 2+ years applicable experience
- Ruby on Rails experience is a must
- Background/ strong familiarity with Agile development
- Consultancy/ client facing experience—project based beats a product shop
- Willingness to travel 4+ times a year
- Start to finish application design experience working directly with clients
How will I beat out others?
- Samples—published apps
- Dev Bootcamp graduate
- Extracurricular iOS or Ruby experience
- Glasses and a beard