Job Title: Java Developer ( Face to Face is must )
Location: Wilimington, DE
Duration: 7+Months ( High Possibility of Extension )
Java Developer will be assigned to one or more project teams. As a member of a project team, the Java Developer will assume various roles including the design, code and test roles. This includes development of web applications using third party tools, development of webservices, and web development using open source tools.
In addition, the Java Developer may be assigned non-project or cross-project roles. Possible roles include support of other IT groups, cross-project oversight and development tool support.
• Work with other members of the project team and business owners to refine and clarify business requirements.
• Produce technical specifications from project requirements.
• Provide input to assist in overall team process improvement and product design stability.
• Support and review the work of other developers.
• Properly track progress, effort, issues and resolutions.
• Communicate and document status to project leadership.
• Work with IT and business test groups to support quality and acceptance tests.
• Assign development activities to self and other developers. Track progress of assigned activities.
• Ensure that all code retains logical stability, reliability, confidentiality, and integrity of CapitalOne 360’s systems is in accordance with CapitalOne 360 policies, procedures and guidelines, taking appropriate actions for all violations
• Provide technical leadership and mentor others in general technical skills as well as CapitalOne 360 applications and processes.
• Provide input into general architectural decisions and design stability.
• Provide input to assist in team and project process improvement.
• Consistently exercises discretion and judgment.
• 5+ years work experience developing applications a must.
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
• In-depth knowledge Java.
• In-depth knowledge of J2EE design patterns.
• In-depth knowledge of web content presentation methods (HTML, XSL, etc.).
• In-depth knowledge of JDBC and SQL.