Leading firm seeks a Database Developer/DBA consultant in Madison, NJ
Target background and expected duties:
• Exp with SQL Server 2000, 2005 & 2008/2008R2.
• Strong T-SQL development skill is a must.
• Expertise in SQL Server Architecture and Data Modeling.
• Experience analyzing, designing, developing, testing, and supporting SQL Server solutions for web based applications.
• Experience with SQL Server administration.
• Expertise in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and stored procedure development.
• OLTP/OLAP Design and development.
• Experience working with large data sets.
• Performance tuning using indexing and partitioning techniques.
• Monitoring queries and report behavior to assure performance expectations are met.
• Conducting data investigations and assisting business partners with complex data analysis and ad-hoc queries.
• Good understanding of SDLC.
• Use of version control software, such as Microsoft TFS.
• Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with management, peers, and customers regarding requirements, issues, and resolutions.
• Familiarity with job scheduling tools such as Argent.
• Knowledge of accounting/financial software systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Process- Phone interview first then a 2nd interview in-person