Requirements Gathering and Reconciliation
- Serves as knowledge owner for a single system or business process area
- Able to lead simple to moderate complexity sessions to analyze, diagnose, and resolve unpredictable and varied problems using diverse methods and tools.
- Prioritize integrated requirements to ensure that requirements are complete and documented.
- Advise client users on application design alternatives and business process change opportunities.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
- Connect user needs to emerging technology in order to acquire or design tools, techniques and approaches that allow client users to realize optimal project delivery results.
Analyze, Solve Business Problems, Test
- Shape requirements into valuable business solutions and presentations using strong documentation skills.
- Deliver integrated business systems support to users (internal and external to IT), applying an expert understanding of the business issues and the impact of technology.
- Advocate the initiation of projects, when necessary, to achieve business and IT objectives.
- Prepare business case and solution proposals outlining estimates and realistic cost effective design alternatives, including procedural changes.
- Lead the root cause analysis and resolution for complex problems.
- Effectively and efficiently use all applications in the Microsoft Office Suite to create and deliver documents.
- Lead change control and scope management efforts.
- Lead test planning and all test cycles using proven testing techniques.
- Able to execute as well as manage moderate functional testing efforts
- Plan and coordinate User Acceptance Testing activities
- Successfully identify, address, manage and escalate risks and issues within a project.
- Experienced in one or more project management tools such as MS Project.
Business Process, Organizational Improvement or Redesign
- Able to recognize Business Process and Organizational issues and opportunities
- Able to make basic Business Process and Organizational improvement recommendations
- Capable of leading a small business process or simple IT project effort and/or facilitating a simple to moderate requirements gathering effort
- Maintain experience in tracking and managing projects using MS Project or similar PM software.
- Coach less senior Business Analysts in analysis techniques, problem solving and business knowledge.
Specific Line of Service (LOS) Knowledge
- Custom Application Development: Maintains strong SQL skills with the ability to write complex SQL statements to analyze data and create prototypes. Familiar with several software delivery methodologies (RUP/Agile/Waterfall)
- Business Intelligence: Has experience working on a few data warehouse and/or data reporting projects but requires guidance in more complex situations. Maintains strong SQL skills with the ability to write complex SQL statements to analyze data and create prototypes. Can interpret data models (conceptual, logical, physical)
- Management Consulting: Has worked on 2 or more Management Consulting projects and is familiar with several Management Consulting toolkits and offerings
Education Requirement: 4-year college degree, preferably in Computer Science or Business-related studies. IIBA certification desired.
Experience Requirement: 7 - 9 years related experience in a project management or business liaison role in within IT Department and Management Consulting organizations, preferred depths in at least one of the following areas: systems integration, business process management, financial analysis, marketing, supply chain, retail or telecommunications
Daugherty Business solutions offers excellent benefits: health (medical, dental and vision), life insurance, short & long term insurance, 401k (matching), flexible spending account and paid time off (vacation, holidays and sick days).