Req ID: 42181
Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world's first and largest specialized staffing firm. We are a recognized leader in professional staffing and consulting services, and the parent company of Protiviti, a global business consulting firm. Every day, our experienced staffing professionals assist companies in locating skilled workers and individuals in finding employment. We also help businesses identify opportunities for increasing profitability and managing risks to their operations through Protiviti. In March 2013, Robert Half was once again named ton FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list. The company is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: RHI) and is a member of the S&P 500 index. For 2012, Robert Half reported revenues of over $4 billion versus $7 million in 1986.
Our Corporate Services employees are the backbone of these global operations. Our teams solve business challenges every day, and they work with our staffing and consulting professionals in more than 350 locations in 20 countries. Each employee at our corporate services locations plays a role in our company's success. If you want to make a difference, apply for this job today!
As Program Manager - IT your specific responsibilities will include:
- Communicate status of program within and across departments.
- Optimize results through highly effective communications.
- Leverage the program governance model to influence decision-making and minimize risk to the program.
- Effectively and appropriately communicate with C-level executives and all other levels within the organization.
- Use status reports and other communications to elicit feedback and incremental modifications and optimizations to the overall list of activities for the team.
- Identify and implement key leverage points within the program to effect and influence positive change.
- Anticipate project changes and proactively adapt processes to mitigate risk.
- Mentor project members assigned to the program.
- Independently work on highly complex or enterprise wide IT projects or programs consisting of multiple projects.
- Oversee development of approach and planning for projects within program.
- Define communications strategy and plan, and optimize results through highly effective communications.
- Coordinate the integrated project/program estimates.
- Estimate the efforts of tasks and initiatives to determine total timeline and detailed budget for projects/program.
- Determine program parameters, design approach/strategy, and establish program plan; oversee development of approach and planning for projects within program. Develop the program strategy, supporting business case and various high-level project plans.
- Ensure integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
- Track key project milestones and recommending adjustments to Project Managers.
- Plan cross-project priorities within the program.
- Program point of contact for communications, milestones and review briefings.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required, preferably in IT Project Management.
- 10+ years’ IT Experience.
- 7+ years’ Project Management experience.
- 2+ years’ Program Management experience.
- 3+years’ experience in overall Leadership role (setting direction, decision-making).
- PMP or comparable PM certification. PgMP or Six Sigma certification desired.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising functional and technical staff.
- Extensive experience in mentoring and guiding functional and technical staff.
- Extensive experience in maintaining and using project budget and actuals tracking to ensure costs are maintained within the specified tolerance level, and can train others.
- Extensive experience in independently assessing impact for each project aspect and determine if project can expand or not to address new idea, and can train others.
- Extensive experience in independently translating functional requirements into project plans, and can train others.
- Extensive experience in effectively implementing all project phases, and can train others.
- Advanced knowledge of schedule, risk management, issues management, leadership, and can train others.
- Consistently demonstrates advanced clear, articulate, concise; verbal and written.
- Consistently utilized and effective over own work.
- Demonstrated effective use and experience with MS Visio; intermediate level with MS Project & Excel.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in overall lead role (senior project level, management/direction setting experience).
- Decision making skills consistently applied in project context.
- Extensive demonstrated experience in Matrix management skills.
- SDLC: extensive demonstrated experience incorporating development life cycle into project plan.
- Intermediate knowledge of IT applications and infrastructure environment.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You may apply for this position online, mail or in person. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact email@example.com for assistance.
- By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to:
- Corporate Staffing
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
- In person: Please visit us at the above address and request an application. Inquiries will be accepted Monday – Friday, 8 – 11a.m. and 1 – 5 p.m.
Date: Thu, 06 02 2014 00:00:00 GMT
Department: Experienced (non-manager)