Siemens eMeter, a leader in the Smart Grid data revolution, is looking for a top notch Web Developer.
Here*s your opportunity to put a face on the Smart Grid. Our software is at the heart of the Smart Grid revolution sweeping the globe: every electric, gas, and water meter around the world is being replaced by a *Smart* meter that can measure precisely when and how much you consume, and we*re the leading company managing that enormous stream of data.
Work with product management, QA, and other technical teams Play with cool technology.
* You*re a strong programmer, like tackling problems, have good architectural skills, and can crank out quality, well-documented code
* Strong knowledge of PHP or Ruby/Rails or at least the desire to carry over their goodness to SSJS
* You*re familiar with Git and other SCMs, and have decent Unix skills
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills
* You*re self-driven, motivated, accountable, and take full ownership of your tasks
* Experience with unit testing, test driven development, and automation
Additional Skills / Bonus Points
* Knowledge of RESTful web services and APIs
* Experience with major PHP or Ruby/Rails frameworks and a solid understanding of MVC development
* Development of, or contributions to, open source projects
* Experience with various unit testing frameworks would be great