Position: Network System Administration
Duration: 6 + months R to H
Location: San Antonio, TX
Rate: Open, depending on experience
2 roles, hours are 8am-8pm Fri, Sat, and Sun and the 2nd role is 8pm-8am Fri, Sat, and Sun. It is a 36 hour shift, but will be 40 hours compensation. One month of M-F working 1st shift for environment training and then assigned to listed hours.
Providing technical support & maintenance of production and development systems and administration of environments, running on various platforms which may include software solutions, ensuring SLA targets are met. Provide expertise on system performance tuning, capacity planning, and maintenance patching and new version installation. Responsible for providing ongoing management and/or improvement of activities related to a part or to the whole of a technical infrastructure (e.g. information systems, security, telecommunications networks, software solutions etc.) and deploying standard repeatable build outs.
A minimum of 2 years experience with network administration, CISCO, Firewall & administration of complex computing environments.
• Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications.
• 1-2 years experience as a Security, System, or Network Administrator.
• Working knowledge of various security methodologies and processes.
• Working knowledge with Encryption Technologies/Virtual Private Networks (IPSEC (IKE debugging) – PKI – PGP – VeriSign, Certificate Authorities, SSL)
• In-depth knowledge of network technologies utilized within an Internet/Intranet environment.
• In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP and other networking protocols is essential. Knowledge of Virtual Private Network (VPN) technologies is desirable.
• Knowledgeable of networking concepts and components (DNS, DHCP, NAT, firewall, proxy, web filters, switches, routers, etc.)
• Knowledgeable of TCP\IP services and associated ports
• Substantial knowledge of data security concepts
• Previous experience or aptitude to be successful in an Administration and Operations capacity
• Strong knowledge of Firewall Concepts - balance of strong sys admin versus security perspectives
• Strong knowledge of Network Services Configuration - Internet Daemons, Syslog, TCP Wrappers
• Strong Knowledge of Intrusion techniques & detection, Routing fundamentals, DNS, NFS / NIS
• Deeply knowledge of Network Services Protocols - TCP/IP, IPX, UDP, ICMP and HTTP / FTP Telnet SMTP