We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join our video encoder group. The candidate will participate in the development of embedded software for our next generation broadcast codec chips and maintaining the current products.
- Design, implement, and test microcode that controls the video capture, preprocessing and encoding pipelines.
- Chip bring up and testing.
- Measure the performance of the microcode system and identify ways to improve it on a multi-thread/multi-core platform.
- Create test and debugging tools for both internal and external customers.
- Work with our internal and external customers to resolve microcode issues and support their new feature requests.
- College degree in EE, CS, or Mathematics or equivalent.
- 5+ years hands-on experience software development.
- Well versed in software engineering processes and understand how to develop and debug firmware for custom ASICs.
- Experience in image processing, image compression and H264 or MPEG2 compression standards.
- In-depth knowledge of C. Experience with scripting language like PERL and assembly language is a plus.
- Team player, good verbal and written communications skills.
To apply, please submit resume with subject: JOB#130725
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Ambarella recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, physical disability, or veteran status.