I am currently searching for a skilled, passionate and personable Systems Engineer to work on a permanent basis in Chicago for an exciting job with a financial firm! This company is located right near public transit with a great view of the city, river and much more!
Primary responsibilities for Systems Engineer job will include, but not limited to independent performing and coordinating maintenance on all systems and equipment, support the LAN and data communications, troubleshoot all systems related issues including Exchange Server and Active Directory, assist in the direction of the network infrastructure planning and implementation, provide support for Virtualization projects (i.e., VMWare machine upgrades), and much more. Also with the Systems Engineer job, you will have the opportunity to touch on a lot of new technologies, and be the key point of contact for everything systems related.
Overall, we are looking for an excellent team player for this Systems Engineer job!
For consideration, you must have the following skills:
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a systems/support/networking role
- Minimum 3 years working with Microsoft Exchange Server and Active Directory
- Minimum 3 years working with Windows Operating Systems (Win 7 preferred)
- Background and understanding in storage infrastructure (SAN/NAS) – NetApp experience would be very nice!
- Minimum 1 year working with VMWare technology
The following skills are not required, but will make you stand apart:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- Certifications including MCP, MCSA and VMWare
- Financial industry experience
The location for this company is more than ideal for the city dweller. However, they are located right next to Union Station, so it would be a breeze of a ride from any of the outer suburbs with access to the train station. The company operates in the highly competitive financial futures and brokerage space with headquarters here in downtown Chicago with over 300 employees worldwide. Aside from an exciting and opportunistic type of position, you will also be included in the following perks and benefits:
- Profit sharing and saving plan – 401(k)
- Target bonus
- Health club membership reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flex spending accounts
- 400 Employees Global (300 in Chicago Office)
This client is looking to fill this role, among a few others, fairly quickly.