Advanced System Administrator Job Description
Whether providing web-delivered solutions, custom software, or bioinformatics solutions for our clients, we seek to streamline the way the work of life science gets done, helping to speed the answers to the questions of tomorrow. We’re hiring creative thinkers in software development and bioinformatics who want to help us get there.
Advanced System Administrator
5AM’s primary mission is to build software solutions and systems for our clients. At 5AM, Advanced System Administrators builds and maintains the entire IT infrastructure to ensure 5AM's staff is always working at 100% efficiency. The IT staff at 5AM also strives to ensure 5AM's customers achieve maximum performance and reliability in the solutions we host on their behalf.
Our philosophy for IT mirrors how we do software development: traceability, transparency, and repeatability. If DevOPS is your passion, 5AM wants to help you take it to the next level.
Do you want your work to make a difference in people's lives? We are a group of smart people, offering a chance to make change for our clients and the people they serve. You'll learn, teach, and grow.
* Experience configuring and maintaining IT infrastructure monitoring systems (Nagios, OpenNMS)
* Experience utilizing system Configuration Management systems (Puppet, bcfg2, chef)
* Experience with the LAMP tech stack (Drupal a plus)
* Familiarity with VoIP PBX systems (Asterisk a plus).
* Experience with the Atlassian suite of products (Confluence, Jira, Crowd, etc)
* 4 years experience with Unix and Unix variants: CentOS / RedHat, Debian / Ubuntu or SUSE.
* (Mac OSX experience a plus.)
* Keen attention to detail and follow-through
* Good troubleshooting skills
* Must have good oral and written communication skills
* Good at diagnosing and resolving problems remotely and providing phone support for end-users
* Experience with Google Apps Premier administration (APIs, 3rd Party Solutions).
* Experience utilizing 3rd party cloud infrastructure (AWS, Xen, OpenStack)
* Experience with Jenkins
Candidates must possess strong written and verbal communication skills to explain technical and scientific ideas to both management and technical audiences, as well as excellent organizational and time management skills.
* End user support
* Building and maintaining physical and virtual UNIX servers
* Writing Documentation
* System administration automation
* Ensure backups and disaster recovery plans are current
* System monitoring
* Implementing and monitoring IT and system security
5AM Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.