Health IT Engineer
Want to help fight cancer and other rare diseases? Work with data sets growing at an exponential rate? 5AM Software Engineers work on these and other hard problems every day. Make a difference in real lives. Our own engineers say: “5AM is the only place I want to work.” But don’t take just our word for it: Washington Business Journal and Washingtonian Magazine rate us as one of the “best” and a “great” place to work for our people and benefits - including 100% paid health insurance premiums.
Are you up for the challenge? 5AM is a fast-paced environment dedicated to getting there earlier. Are you an outstanding software engineer passionate about healthcare and life sciences?
Who we are and what we do?
We make software engineering breakthroughs that create healthcare breakthroughs. We do it by using software in ways it hasn’t been used before in the healthcare and life sciences communities: websites that connect researchers with specimens and data worldwide or locally … mobile apps that foster real-time collaboration … networked solutions for patient information…
We deliver faster results with fewer risks and better outcomes, and from projects involving biospecimens and healthcare IT, to research and clinical trials, our solutions are saving clients money, getting them results earlier and clearing obstacles to a new era of medicine.
5AM Software Engineers...
Our software engineers are creative thinkers, people who roll up their sleeves, and collaborate to nurture the work from vision to reality. We work in a fast paced Agile environment and are looking for the best and brightest engineers who have a passion for building quality software right for the first time.
- Deliver web and mobile applications using software disciplines from design through coding to deployment
- Lead within a team-oriented agile development process
- Mentor less experienced members on your team
- Collaborate with our customers, project managers, other software engineers
You are a:
- Problem solver - the ability to anticipate problems, recognize them when they arise, and solve them as quickly, efficiently, and practically as possible.
- Analytical thinker - the ability to understand overall vision, as well as minute details
- Craftsman - care about the quality of software you develop and strive for better (when works isn’t good enough)
- Communicator - the ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and regularly, and share knowledge gained with others
- Mentor - the ability to provide assistance to others and provide helpful feedback during code reviews
- Collaborator - provide an array of skills that helps the team function in unison as one entity
- Experienced engineer - Computer Science or related degree and 10 years software engineering experience or equivalent.
- Java EE, JSP, Struts, EJB3, Hibernate, Eclipse, Git