We have an immediate opening for a Java Developer at our Irvine location. We are seeking an experienced B2B/B2C eCommerce Java Developer who will work closely with senior management. This individual will also work directly with Project Managers and Quality Assurance, as well as, with other internal groups within the organization. The Java Developer will be a part of a team responsible for implementing and supporting Web applications for operating business units; Consumer, Commercial and Industrial products.
- Good Java Developer with experience building solutions on multi-tier web-sites as well as developing back-end interface jobs to import/export database data
- Good Oracle SQL skills a must (development and optimizing). SQL Performance is key since part of the solution includes a public-facing website
- Experience with credit card processing is a plus but not required as long as they have worked with Web Services
- Must be able to collaborate effectively in a team environment and possess good oral and written communication skills
The Java/Oracle Developer is part of a team responsible for implementing and supporting Web applications for operating business units. Responsibilities include development to meet business requirements, testing, and preparing documentation. Position also includes trouble-shooting issues in Production and communicating with users on systems status, system changes, problems, enhancements and potential impacts.
- BS/BA Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and relative professional experience.
- Minimum 7 years of web applications development experience.
- Superior analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Working experience with high-traffic, multi-tiered web applications built using the following technologies:
- Web Services
- JDBS Statements
- Experience with credit card processing APIs such as CyberSource a plus.
- Experience with Java caching technology (RCS/JCS) a plus.
- Work experience with XML, including APIs such as Castor another plus.
- Excellent understanding of SQL development and optimization for Oracle databases.
- Working experience with Oracle database tools including TOAD, SQL Plus, SQL Loader.
- Working experience with Unix shell scripting, specifically C shell on Solaris.
- Familiarity with entire SDLC, source code management, deployment.
- Ability to focus on customer requirements with excellent collaboration skills.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and possess good oral and written communications skills .
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Develop Java/JSP code for front-end pages and/or back-end standalone Java applications to extract, transform, and load data based on business requirements
- Design, code, test, debug, and document programs.
- Monitor performance of the applications and recommend improvements as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Prepare system level test plans
- Execute system level tests
Join Creek Systems and get your career on fast track. Creek Systems specializes in providing professional services and solutions to the nation’s most prestigious Fortune 1000 companies across a broad spectrum of industries. Headquartered in Orange County, California, Creek Systems support their clients nationwide through a network of offices in major metropolitan areas. Today, Creek Systems continues to be a driving force helping Enterprise clients take action on their resource needs and remains the trusted leader in the Work Force and Talent Acquisition, Executive Search, Human Resource Outsourcing and Consulting Services sector. Creek Systems embrace a “Talent Driving Technology” philosophy, and make a difference by helping people, clients and communities achieve their maximum potential.
Creek Systems is an equal opportunity employer who employs individuals based on job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disabilities, or any basis prohibited by law. Our business supports a drug free work environment, which may require pre-employment drug screening. We also conduct thorough background investigations and some positions may require security clearances.
For more information please visit www.creeksystems.com