Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing end-user hardware and connectivity.
- Install and deploy desktops, laptops, and mobile devices.
- Field incoming requests from end users by telephone, e-mail, and ticketing system.
- Documents, tracks, and monitors IT Support requests to meet the department’s SLA.
- Investigate, replicate, and test problems to a final resolution on open issues.
- Perform hands-on maintenance and repair of PCs, printers, email, cell phones, etc.
- Basic network troubleshooting & configuration of IT devices.
- Escalate to management any concerns or issues that may impact the client base.
- Document and update knowledge base and technical documents.
- Provide guidance and training to the Niagara team.
- Ability to put in extra effort and time as required to ensure the delivery of high quality support.
- Perform work outside of scheduled hours as required from time to time.
- Travel as directed by management at times.
- Be available to work nights and weekend on-call shift as needed.
- Associates degree in information technology or CIS/MIS
- Experience Required: 2+ years in a PC support role.
- High School diploma or GED required. Good organization and planning skills, good customer service skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent Organization skills and attention to detail
- Required to have excellent interpersonal skills, and be comfortable dealing with high-level executives and end users
- Customer service oriented
- General understanding of LAN/WAN Networking, DNS, and DHCP
- Advanced knowledge of PC, laptop, printers, and mobile device hardware configuration and deployment
- Experience with troubleshooting Cisco VPN and Citrix
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Experience working with Oracle R12 or Manhattan WMS is a plus
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports and basic business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Basic math skills including ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Basic to experience in Oracle applications (EBS, OTM, etc.).
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to work well under pressure in a very fast paced environment. Able to multi task and work efficiently as well as safely.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision and Depth perception. The employee is frequently required to sit.