From VoIP to SIP, session border controllers to session management, the world communicates better on Sonus Networks. Since 1997, Sonus has built some of the world?s most advanced IP communications networks?both as the preferred technology partner to the world?s largest service providers, and as a trusted partner to Global 500 enterprises that require secure, real-time communications. Today, Sonus solutions drive more VoIP traffic than any other vendor: over one billion minutes every day.
The candidate will be an individual software contributor in a team working on Sonus Networks products. This involves understanding the applications for the device; write architectural, functional and design specifications, unit test plans, develop and test software, provide peer-review and feedback where applicable and support the qualification, marketing, sales, support, documentation and project management teams.
3+ years of platform/network/systems programming for embedded networking products in the following areas:
- Architecture of Unix-like operating systems (file systems, processes, IPC, memory management, multi-threading)
- Networking architecture (hosts, routers, switches, DNS, TCP, UDP, IPv4/IPv6, Ethernet, VLAN, switching, routing, access control lists)
- Algorithms and data structures
- UDP/TCP/IP socket-based programming
Should be able to self-train, solve problems independently and contribute to the team and be motivated to be productive working closely with technical teams with minimal management overhead
The position requires a BS in Computer Science(CS) or Electrical Engineer (EE) or equivalent, MS a Plus
- Power user of Windows and Linux based computers, should have configured PCs, home DSL gateways for home-use or in the labs at work, familiarity with usnig software like wireshark
- Familiarity with setting up virtual machines
- One or more IDE's: Eclipse, Netbeans, or Visual Studio
- One or more source code management systems: Perforce, Subversion, GIT or CVS
No agency or 3rd party resumes will be accepted.
Must be fully authorized to work in the US without restrictions.
?All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.?