We are currently seeking an IT Project Manager for a 6 month with possible hire opening to be based out of our Eden Prairie, MN location. This position is part of the Software Product Development team. You need to be able to work in an environment where team empowerment is enabled and encouraged. Nothing is more powerful than a talented team that feels the only limit to how much they can produce is how hard they work and how creative they can be. Your job is to foster this kind of environment every day. You will utilize your excellent communication, interpersonal, technical, and organizational skills to remove obstacles, enhance collaboration, and help teams deliver results.
Simultaneously, plan and successfully implement multiple large, multi-disciplined software development projects following best in class software development and project management methodologies.
- Obtain resource commitments from the discipline managers and assemble implementation teams.
- Validate with the solutions analysts that the business requirements and scope have been analyzed and documented.
- Coordinate technical reviews with other IT groups to develop and document technical architecture and design.
- Develop detailed program and project plans with dependencies and key milestones based on coordination with all project stakeholders.
- Projects frequently contain multiple project tracks including multiple locations, business and IT disciplines, and vendor management activities.
- Ensure project objectives are met by monitoring and measuring progress regularly to identify variances from the plan and take corrective action as necessary.
- Maintain detailed project plans, resource schedules, and timelines with major milestones for all aspects of the project (software development, infrastructure, business operations, and vendor integrations).
- Schedule and facilitate project team meetings to ensure all project requirements are effectively communicated to team members.
- Perform status reporting to communicate progress to project sponsors, key stakeholders and IT management. This includes IT scorecard and capital expenditures forecasting and reporting. Track project spending and ensure project costs are allocated to the appropriate cost centers.
- Track software and hardware costs, manage vendor relationships, develop/review statements of work, and write project justifications for approval for capital expenditures.
- Ensure that budget variances are highlighted to steering committees, IT Senior Management, and the project sponsor. Implement and manage the change control process for assigned projects.
- Monitor project risks and coordinate the execution of the risk mitigation plan. Initiate the project in the time tracking system and status reporting systems.
- Complete the final accounting of hardware, software, consulting and personnel costs relative to initial budget projections.
- Ensure proper procedures are followed for systems development methodology, release management, configuration management, QA, and change management. Establish and expand on ITIL based processes and formal project methodology processes (RUP, AGILE, etc.)
- Work with discipline managers to develop and document service level agreements with project sponsors and key stakeholders. Ensure that all acceptance criteria have been satisfied.
- Coordinate the development of support documentation for the systems administration and data center operations staff.
- Coordinate all warranty activities post implementation to resolve any issues prior to fully transitioning support to the standard, routine procedures and groups.
- Assist with the on-going support of the systems, equipment and processes by providing project-related knowledge and history to the organization.
- Promote and participate in the development and deployment of project management methodologies, policies, procedures and best practices.
- Manage multiple projects, professional and technical staff as assigned and other activities related to project management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five- seven years project management experience.
- Experience with Internationalization is highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects; manage multiple IT disciplines, off shore teams, remote business users, and vendor integrations.
- PMP or CPM certification Experience in ITIL based best practices a plus Experience with RUP or Agile methodologies are a plus but not manditory.
- Experience in successfully managing multi-million dollar projects.
- Demonstrated strong negotiating skills, conflict resolution skills, and remote team management skills.
- Expert meeting presentation and facilitation skills
- Expert Microsoft Project skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of business finance principles: capitalization, expense, forecasting
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail Ability to establish, train, and lead adoption of new processes
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- Program Management
- Application Development