Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is a woman and minority-owned 8(a) small business headquartered in Chantilly, VA. With contracts in both the public and private sectors in the DC metro area and across the country, Soft Tech is an organization made up of highly successful and talented Information Technology professionals offering enterprise class solutions for any size organization at great value. Soft Tech’s mission is to help government organizations design, implement, and maintain mission critical Information Technology solutions. By focusing jointly on our employees and our customers, we are able to achieve our mission by providing each and every one of our customers with continuous quality customer support.
This position will be located in Bethesda, MD.
The Storage Engineer/Architect is responsible for assisting with the Storage-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutioning and engineering in support of users. This position requires a thorough knowledge of SAN fabric protocols, SAN routing and zoning configuration, HP and Hitachi storage systems, and various SAN management solutions such as NetApp. The storage solution will serve a heterogeneous environment consisting of Windows, Linux, VMware, and various UNIX operating systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assessing the current storage environment and then develop storage solutions to meet SaaS requirements as well as future capacity needs. The solutions include artifacts and documentation related to the configurations, implementation plans, conversion approaches, and risks.
- Architecture design and implement advanced storage solutions including re-tiering, de-duplication, compression, encryption, key management, compliance, thin provisioning, backup modernization, and private or hybrid cloud storage
- Deliver within the desired timeframe as projects are subject to defined time constraints
- Review and validate project artifacts, solution designs, estimates and sizing for quality, accuracy, completeness and adherence to the original requirements and design parameters
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ Years SAN Administration and Support experience
- Strong knowledge of Hewlett Packard /Hitachi/NetApp storage systems
- Background in both block and based storage; Fibre Channel and IP storage network architecture preferred
- Process automation experience using shell scripting preferred
- Experience with z/OS, Solaris, HP-UX, and/or Linux preferred
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in a team environment
- Ability resolve issues before they become critical
Interested candidates may apply by submitting an updated copy of their resume in Word format, along with a short cover letter detailing their salary requirements and availability to be contacted by telephone.
Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.