Immediate opening for Cobol/Mainframe Technical Developer in MS.
RQ :: 01 Cobol/Mainframe Technical Developer
Skills COBOL, Mainframe
Exp 09-10 Yrs….IT
Duration 12 Months
Location Flowood, MS
Rate $All Inclusive
Position 1 No
St.Date March 2014
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or related fields or equivalent experience required.
- At least five years of mainframe programming experience is required in COBOL, MVS utilities, MVS JCL, DB2, and CICS Command Level programming.
- At least five years of experience in systems analysis is required.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC methodology is required.
- At least one year of systems supervisory experience is required.
- A working familiarity with Easytrieve is preferred.
- Must be proficient in LAN, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation, and negotiation skills required.
Must have knowledge in defining work and process flows (creating an understanding of which process to use when and why).
- Facilitates the definition and enforcement of standards, conventions, and processes for the mainframe application environment.
- Takes ownership of the remediation process assisting in task allocation, design, development, and implementation process for application systems.
- Provides senior technical assistance to team members and management including code reviews.
- Codes complex program structures; conducts independent analysis of requested changes as appropriate and directed by management.
- Installs and maintains applications systems as directed.
- Assists in providing formal documentation to an assigned team of applications programmers.
- Provides formalized, continuing work direction and leadership to an assigned team of applications programmers and systems analysts.
- Ensures that information is being delivered to the ultimate developers and to departmental management in a timely, useful, and economic manner.
- Generates regular status updates to management.
Thanks and Regards,