We are looking for a strong Network Engineer to join our client in Emeryville. Our client is a mid size company which is experiencing a big growth. This is a 6+ months contract with very high possibilities of converting fulltime.
Our client is looking for a Network/System Engineer who will be involved in:
- 40% network design for new projects
- 60% network administration/ day-today operations
- Some 10-15%, systems administration outside of core network area
The major Network equipments that they currently have are from Cisco, Juniper and HP
- 5-8+ years of working experience in networking industry mainly working for mid- large size companies.
- Experience with firewalls, network security, and/or Application Delivery Switches (Server Load Balancers) is preferred.
Clients uses Palo Alto Networks –Firewall and Meraki – Firewall & Wireless access points
- Extensive knowledge and experience troubleshooting Layer-2/3 protocols.
- Any of the advanced networking certifications is preferred (CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE, or JNCIP).
- Thorough understanding of application protocols, HTTP, SSL, FTP, SMTP, RTSP, SIP, Diameter, and DNS.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
KEYWORDS: Network Engineer, Network Architect, Network Design Architect, System/Network Engineer, System Engineer, Network administrator, Network Admin