SoC HW Architect/Micro-Architect – 2 openings
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of multi-core architecture and/or micro-architecture development experience.
- Expert knowledge of computer architecture and processor micro-architecture concepts
- Expert knowledge of IO interface timing closure
- Experience end to end understanding of an entire chip (eMMC, PCIe) modeling
- Expert understanding power, performance (complex SOC, bandwidth, throughput and latency) and area tradeoffs using the state of the art process technologies.
- Experience developing tools along the project to validate the assumptions of the architecture and tracks that the goals are met along the project.
- Designs and implements the micro-architecture in configurable RTL using Verilog language or generator using advanced scripting language.
- Oversees the integration of several RTL blocks to build the sub-system products and ensure that the performance, area and power objectives are reached.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Expert knowledge of tradeoffs in networking chip compute, I/O, Memory Datapath B/WS
- Solid logic design fundamentals with exposure to ASIC or SoC implementation requirements and constraints
- Excellent working knowledge of Verilog and overall design power, timing, and area.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Ability to be flexible and manage change
- Experience in system modeling
- Experience in programming in a high level language such as C will be a plus
- Some experience with assembly language programming will be a plus
- Strong experience in eMMC, SATA, PCIe, NAND Flash controller.
- Familiarity with advance error correction concepts such as LDPC.