Architect ***US Citizens only please as we do work with the US Dept. of Defense***
Illumination Works is a motivated, fast-growing Solution Enablement Company. We provide expert level consulting, design and development services that deliver results for our clients. By focusing on execution and our customer's needs we enable projects to be successfully developed, fielded, and used by our clients.
The role of the Architect is to understand the client’s business strategy and define information technology systems architecture to support that strategy. Architects must understand a company's business while still being able to address tactical and operational technology issues. An architect shapes the design of the architecture based on strategic business and operating models. Enterprise Architects may develop a strategic vision and strive to ensure the architecture follows it.
- Translate business requirements into conceptual and physical designs
- Analyze business processes, structures and technical/business solution performance
- Work collaboratively with appropriate teams and business units to elicit architecture information and data
- Develop models to describe the artifacts, principles, framework and strategy
- Produce proper documentation for each solution (enterprise, solution, or project) based on the organizations’ architecture and/or established industry standards
- Identify key technology overlaps, gaps and formulate strategies to optimize technology solutions
- Ensure project complies with Enterprise Architecture policy and standards
- Provide governance reporting and metrics for compliance tracking
Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
- 5-10 years direct work experience in a architect capacity, including all aspects of architecture development and execution.
- Working knowledge of UML, data modeling, BPMN and architecture repositories
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture processes for technology portfolio management and project governance, including technology selections
- Strong communication(written/oral) and presentation skills
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Strong logic and quantitative skills.
- Facilitates effective team interaction
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- If experienced in an application domain then architectural understanding: standards-based SOA/Web services with regard to application interfaces, open messaging platforms /EAI/MQ, database platforms, web technologies such as HTML, .NET, Java/J2EE, XML, XSL, Web 2.0 and industry standards and trends
- If experienced in data domain, architectural understanding: data warehousing strategies and construction, ETL/Data integration processes, OLAP, OLTP, high availability database design, business intelligence applications, EDI and metadata standards, and geographic/export control data management techniques
- If experienced in an infrastructure domain, architectural understanding of network topology, files systems, operating systems and hardware storage management, security practices, identity management, system recovery/backup tools and procedures, hardware virtualization, system monitoring and control processes and industry standards and trends.