Our Client is pioneer of low power server technology. They bring the benefits of micro servers—efficiency and massive density—to small and larger-core workloads and to all parts of the scale out data center.
Position: Senior Manager, Product Manager
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
As senior leader within the Data Center Server Solutions business unit, the selected candidate will own the storage subsystem and be a visionary in the burgeoning storage related applications of the product including but not limited to Big Data, Object Store, Block and File Store. The Product manager will own all aspects of the product, including defining product vision, product requirements, product roadmap and strategic initiatives for the product. The product manager will drive the strategy, business models and innovation for the product in order to create a best-in-class offering in the industry.
- Work across cross-functional teams to create and execute your vision for the product and be the voice of the customer, routinely collaborating with and influencing colleagues in Product Development, Engineering, Marketing and Sales.
- Product Business Planning – Establish the product value proposition and vision, strategy and go-to-market (GTM) plan as basis for a strategic forecast
- Product Lifecycle Management – Engage closely with sales, operations and engineering team to bring the product to market
- Create product requirements, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules.
- Establish a working relationship with key customers and partners to understand their goals and ensure delivery at appropriate times.
- Deliver product insight based on market trends and customer feedback to other product line managers responsible for related areas.
- Establish yourself as a solution expert with customers and as a resource for the sales organization.
- Present key technical and business aspects of the products and solutions to prospective customers at the technologist and executive levels.
Our ideal candidate profile:
- Minimum 5 year experience at a large-scale data center industry in product management or system architecture roles.
- Expertise or deep technical knowledge of storage subsystems that include block, object and file storage in data centers
- Excellent understanding of data center technologies and product deployment methodologies.
- Experience in managing hardware platforms for data centers.
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts with technologists and executives.
- A BS degree in EE/CS/Computer Engineering is required.
- A Master’s degree either in engineering or MBA is a plus.