Req ID: 4901
The position will be located in New Town, North Dakota; although some travel to all North Dakota and Montana properties will be required. The successful applicant will direct, coordinate and facilitate the design, installation, and operation of field SCADA, hosts (HMIs) and communications systems, throughout the nine fields that comprise the BAKKEN. The position will require advanced computer skills and utilization of automation software. The successful candidate must be capable of understanding and troubleshooting SCADA communication, setup, and data mapping processes. Interaction will be necessary with Dickinson office, field operations, and corporate personnel, both at the operations and technical levels. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team setting are a priority. The position will require some after hour call outs and weekend duties.
- Work with the local SCADA Administrator in directing and assisting other workers, both company and contract, to install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair SCADA and SCADA related communications systems.
- Set-up new wells and facilities in the host system, set-up and initialize communications between "host" and "end device", build necessary "view" screens, and perform data mapping (TOW/SCADA and SQL Historian) necessary to ensure smooth data flow from field device throughout the Marathon production data system.
- Provide accurate record of changes, modifications, and programming of existing and new SCADA related computers, servers, and software.
- Monitor status of area software licensing requirements. Insure licensing agreements are current.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all automation systems.
- Comply with all standards set by the Domestic SCADA team.
- Map and monitor production data flow from SCADA to TOW via TOW/SCADA. Troubleshoot and resolve dataflow problems and/or errors.
- Degree: HS Diploma or equivalent, electrical background a plus
- Computer Proficiencies: Strong working knowledge of personal computer software and hardware as well as SCADA software and hardware.
- Certifications: None required. Technical background with strong diagnostic skills a plus. Work Experience: Moderate background in electronics, PLC systems, PID control, electronic measurement devices, and RTUs. Oilfield SCADA/automation experience is a plus, as well as experience with Wonderware HMI.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international exploration and production company. Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers.
Marathon Oil is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || New Town || North Dakota || United States (US) || Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:LI; SF:RZ || Field and Drilling Operations ||
Date: Fri, 21 02 2014 00:00:00 GMT
Department: Field and Drilling Operations