Systems Administrator will be responsible for designing, administering, building, testing, and upgrading initiatives for the Active Directory infrastructure platform; implementing and maintaining/supporting a highly scalable Active Directory platform; providing services to clients across the Enterprise, with the ability to understand and assimilate complex cross-discipline, and cross-technology concepts and processes; documenting and implementing security methodologies; developing a capacity and performance planning discipline.
The role is for an experienced Senior Active Directory Administrator who will be responsible for the overall direction of the current and future state of Active Directory, access solutions, and infrastructure. As a Senior Active Directory Administrator, this individual should possess strong leadership, organizational, partnership, teamwork and technical skills and have the ability to lead complex projects.
- Manage Active Directory infrastructure for the Enterprise.
- Lead the design, implementation and support of a highly available multi-domain directory infrastructure platform.
- Assess, and review future directory architecture solutions, 3rd party directory management tools/applications and implement life cycle maintenance processes.
- Follow enterprise policies, standards and position statements for new and existing Active Directory related technologies.
- Provide technical expertise for multiple Active Directory programs and projects.
- Provide capacity planning and performance monitoring including disaster recovery.
- Coordinate service/support needs with Vendors, Technical Support Engineers, Application Support Engineers, and the Infrastructure Team through effective partnership, collaboration and communication.
- Provide 3rd level support for Active Directory for end users, application and administration teams. The candidate must be willing to accommodate weekend, shift or on-call schedules when necessary.
- Participate in security and application troubleshooting and incident problem resolutions with other infrastructure teams, including storage, messaging, networking and servers.
- Extensive experience in IT infrastructure services: DNS, DHCP, DFS, ADFS and GPO
- Extensive experience in Microsoft Active Directory. Knowledge of cloud based Directory Services like Windows Azure AD and Google Dirsync is a plus.
- Extensive experience with Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 for administering Active Directory in an enterprise class environment.
- Experience with Patch Management and working with security team for vulnerability assessment and remediation on domain controllers.
- Strong PowerShell scripting related to managing server and AD objects and attributes in the infrastructure
- Experience in Active Directory monitoring using SCOM
- Experience with PKI Certificates and SSL
- Experience with AD migrations using ADMT and 3rd party tools like Quest and NetIQ.
- Solid understanding of IT components including Networking, Network Load Balancing, various Operating Systems, SAN/NAS storage, Hyper-V, x64 hardware, Single Sign-On solutions.
- Must have a solid understanding of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) principles, practices and processes in providing and managing the delivery of a large scale, enterprise-wide service. This includes incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management, and availability/continuity management. The member must have sufficient knowledge and experience to design and establish these processes and practices within a service organization.
- Ability to work successfully with others in large and small teams. Ability to motivate and inspires others to perform at a high level, taking appropriate risks, and accepting personal accountability for actions and decisions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to transform technical knowledge into business language (e.g. reports, presentations, etc.)
Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Computers Science, or related field
6-8 years Systems Administrator Experience
- Technical certifications such as MCP, MSCA are a plus. MSCE preferred.
- ITIL methodology.
Our Profile: NuAxis is an IT Services firm providing innovative solutions to the U.S. Federal Government using state of the art technologies, architectures, and life cycle management. We are a Certified Microsoft Partner with extensive Microsoft technologies experience. Our services portfolio includes Project Management, Application Development, Infrastructure Management, and Security Management. We offer competitive salaries, an attractive benefits package, and the opportunity to learn from experts. High technology small business with long-standing U.S. Federal Government experience * Visionary executive leadership * Expert professional services team comprised of highly skilled engineers and software developers * Rapid growth over the last several years
NuAxis Innovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/ W/M/IWD/PV. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation.
Job ID #: 294