POSITION – NATURAL LANGUAGE PROCESSING / DATA MINING ENGINEERLOCATION: ORLANDO,FLDURATION:FULLTIME
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative, and skilled Computational Linguist/NLP/Data Mining software engineer to work for a fast growing start-up company with a diverse team of experienced game and social application developers for iOS and Android platforms.
In this role you will work closely with management and other developers to design and implement solutions for named entity extraction from unstructured text, creation and maintenance of knowledge base systems, and pattern recognition of large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
You should have very strong programming skills (C/C++, C#, Objective C and/or Java) with knowledge of relevant linguistic theories, knowledge engineering methods and familiarity with current state-ofthe-art tools.
- Bachelor¡¦s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- At least 4 years of software development experience.
- Experience with entity recognition and tools for language modeling and information extraction, such as regular expressions, context-free grammars, etc.
- Experience with Rules Engines, Ontological frameworks, RDF, triple stores, SPARQL a plus.
- Familiarity with database modeling and data warehousing principles with a working knowledge of SQL.
- Proficiency using machine learning in a variety of contexts, particularly text classification and clustering.
- Solid grasp of popular machine learning techniques including Bayesian models, neural networks, and support vector machines plus similar understanding of text NLP techniques including parsing, chunking, and tagging.
- Additional strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including statistical methods, decision trees, probability networks, association rules, clustering, regression.
- Skill in working with medium-to-large data-sets.
- Demonstrated ability to implement and release tools and applications
- Willingness to adapt to the many changing requirements/needs of a fast-growing, young company.
- Collaborative work ethic and ability to work in a team-oriented culture.