This is an opportunity with our client, a major US retailer with a chain of mid-range to upscale department stores famed equally for its niche in popular culture and the diversity of its merchandise. The job location is in San Francisco, conveniently located by a BART station.
The Systems Analyst role requires complex system design capabilities, knowledge of Java language, integration and system oriented architecture knowledge, and excellent written and verbal communications skills. The successful candidate will help design and document technical details of new features and enhancements to our Ecommerce platform and applications.
- Self-motivated, highly driven, result and commitment oriented. Builds strong working relationship with product managers, business support analysts, project managers, architects, development and QA teams.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to set and meet deadlines on technical aspects of projects
- Monitors system implementation and user satisfaction. Shows good judgment in escalating issues to management.
- Good understanding of business process flows and how the systems support them. Ability to apply existing solution pattern to slightly different problems as it relates to interdependencies/interactions among system components and how things work end to end to support the business.
- Leverages systems and process expertise across a domain to analyze and troubleshoot system/user issues to determine root cause and drive resolution within a fast pace development cycles environment.
- Leverages experience in assessing scope of work, decomposing high level business requirements and creating lower level design and technical requirements in the form of stories/tasks.
- Collaborate with architecture and development teams to document assumptions and provide software development estimates for new business features, identify dependencies and risks, and work with team to minimize, mitigate and/or workaround risks.
- Creates, owns and maintain system design documentation following standard templates.
- Communicate high-level design recommendations to a varied audience and obtain buy-in.
- Assists QA and development teams in defining test strategy, acceptance criteria, bug fixing and issue resolution.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, and execute with consistent delivery and quality
- Experience with Agile development methodology highly desirable.
- Experience with retail and Ecommerce highly desirable.
Required / Desired Skills:
- BS in CS or MIS, or Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience analyzing, clarifying and translating business/functional requirements into system requirements / specifications.
- 3+ years of experience with the following technologies/platforms required: Java EE, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Web services.
- 1+ year of experience in working on root cause analysis and code debugging
- 3+ year of experience in creating system interface specifications
- 3+ year of experience in documenting current and future states system process flow.
- 3+year of experience documenting Systems Architecture Diagrams
- 3+ year of experience in database management and integration
- Knowledge of Search, workflow management online product, pricing & promotion management, digital assets and content management a plus
- Experience with Interwoven and CMS a plus