Our client, a financial services firm, is seeking experienced L2 NOC Operator for 1 year contract in their main datacenter located in Piscataway, NJ. This will be either a Day or Nightshift position, working 3-4 days/week, 7:30AM-7:30PM or 7:30PM-7:30AM respectively.
The NOC Team is the first line of defense ensuring maximum uptime for our client’s high availability datacenter infrastructure. They are staffed 24x7x365 to monitor, manage, and maintain the datacenters as well as multiple satellite sites. The ideal candidate has a solid technical background in Windows and/or Linux operating systems, Cisco platforms, Backup software and general datacenter infrastructure systems. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively, coordinate projects, and work in a team environment.
- Provide a hands-on presence in the Datacenter providing 2nd level support facilitating problem isolation, diagnosis, and resolution
- Identify and diagnose problems and escalate to a higher tier support groups, ISP’s or other support staff as necessary
- Understanding of change control procedures and service management tools, (HP Openview, Service Manager)
- Monitor and manage server environment consisting of 1000 servers, both Windows and Linux based
- Monitor and manage network environment consisting of 1500 devices, primarily involving Cisco hardware
- Troubleshoot LAN/WAN network issues
- Actively monitor the network performance including usage, load patterns, system response, and troubleshoot connectivity issues in LAN and WAN environments
- Experienced in implementing and configuring Cisco hardware
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP protocols (ATM, BGP, EIGRP and HSRP)
- Basic rack and stack of data center equipment, hardware troubleshooting and network configurations
- Handle Desktop/Remote Access support for overnight L1 helpdesk rollover
- Accurately log and document NOC events as they occur
- Handle all customer and internal shipping logs and maintaining facility cleanliness.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Prior datacenter network operations experience required
- Candidates must have reliable transportation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Knowledge of switches, firewalls and managed storage are a plus
- Cabling experience (Fiber, Coax, and Ethernet) is a plus
- Cisco Network/Voice certification is a plus.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment in .doc., .pdf, .rft, .txt, .htm or .html file type only.