LIVE ANYWHERE. TRAVEL EVERYWHERE.
The Teradata TECHNICAL DATABASE CONSULTANT provides in-depth technical analysis, design and Implementation to support Teradata client implementations. Responsibilities may include logical modeling, physical modeling, semantic modeling, database administration, data sourcing, loading and transformation processes, query design and construction, performance optimization, and security. The consultant will implement solutions that deliver business value to the client/prospect and contribute to innovative business solutions.
Candidates can live in any US city near a major airport.
This position will have up to 5 months paid training prior to formal job placement. Training is held in various work locations.
After job placement, the consultant can expect up to 100% travel to a variety of customer sites in the continental United States.
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or other computer related discipline
* Hands-on programming experience
* Willingness to travel up to 100%
* Will consider a new/recent graduate with up to three years' work experience
* Teradata does not offer employment sponsorship for this position.
* GPA of 3.0 or better
* Knowledge of/experience with RDBMS technology and SQL
* Familiarity with various Operating Systems (Unix, Linux and Windows)
* Development experience with Java/C/C++
* Experience using Hadoop and/or MapReduce
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage. Teradata is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and commits to hiring returning veterans.