The IT Support Technician responds to and resolves service desk issues, reinstalls and sets up computer systems, works with mapping network and infrastructure, and supports IT projects and initiatives. The candidate should have strong technical and troubleshooting skills. Also, knowledge in database structures and ability to generate reports for end users is desirable.
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer and software issues
- Identify technology solutions based on analysis of customer support needs
- Reinstall computer systems and default setups
- Work with mapping network and infrastructure
- Provide technical assistance and support for other IT support staff
- Work with WordPress
- Monitor and maintain backup systems
- Provide strong and consistent communication with customers, both internal and external
- Document work performed and other technical information for our clients
- Ideal candidate will have at least 4 years of experience in the following:
- Experience installing and troubleshooting problems on Win XP, Windows7, Win2003/2008 Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, DNS
- End-User and Help Desk experience in MS Office Suite and other common desktop applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL server. Capable of building queries and pulling data into Excel spreadsheets and pivot tables.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information field or equivalent education and related work experience.
- Certifications such as A+, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, CNE, CCNA are a plus but not required.