Silvus Technologies, Inc. is seeking a Senior Wireless Communication Systems Engineer to participate in algorithm design and architecture definition for a set of world-class OFDM, and MIMO based products. Application space includes broadband wireless video distribution, MIMO for mobile military communications as well as the company*s MIMO WLAN commercial offering.
The selected individual will actively participate in all aspects of the product development process. Specifically these responsibilities include: algorithm design, architecture definition, simulator development in Matlab and C/C++ and successful handoff to the hardware team.
This opportunity is well suited for an entrepreneurial technologist with an established track record seeking to join an early stage startup with defense and commercial contracts on hand.
* Algorithm design for SISO and MIMO based OFDM systems for both the commercial and military markets.
* Fixed point architecture definition of the communication system.
* Matlab & C/C++ based simulator development.
* Handoff and interface to the hardware team.
* MSEE required, PhD in Electrical Engineering a plus.
* 4-6 years of relevant communication systems design experience.
* Experienced in the design and development of OFDM based systems, a must.
* Experience with C/C++ and MATLAB a must.
* Knowledge of signal processing algorithms a definite plus.
* Must possess a working knowledge of RF signal propagation, channel modeling, digital communication technologies.
* Knowledge of MIMO systems a definite plus.