Senior Java Developer-Atlanta, GA
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for being the technical lead or one of the technical leads on a project. They are responsible for working with the business analysts to help gather requirements, and working with the other developers and architects to help design and implement the project or component. Also participates in the project estimate, and helps the development manager oversee the development, and deployment of the application to production. This developer works closely with the chief architect and product architects to make sure the product meets the business requirements, fits into the overall product line, and is a reliable and professional application.
- · Design and develop high-volume, high-performance, high-availability, service-oriented Java applications using proven Java frameworks and technologies.
- · Design and develop reusable libraries and APIs. To contribute to best practice for Java application development.
- · Write unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality
- · Work with the business analysts and chief architect to explore and suggest appropriate technical solutions to achieve the required product features as well as monitoring technical progress against plans, while safeguarding functionality, scalability and performance.
- · Work with system administrators, information architects and client web-app developers to deliver fast, dynamic web propositions
- · Be responsible for work quality, ensuring it meets the technical standards for all online output.
- · Monitor work against the production schedule closely and provide progress updates and report any issues or technical difficulties to senior IT management on a regular basis
- · Establish realistic estimates for timelines while ensuring that projects remain on target to meet deadlines.
- · Help other developers resolve technical problems as well as work with the team business analysts to solve business-related issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- · Minimum of 4-5 solid years of Java
- · Experience with Spring (required)
- · Experience with Object Relational Frameworks such as Hibernate
- · Solid understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Analysis
- · Knowledge of service-oriented implementation approaches desired
- · Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- · Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task.
- · Experience working in and ability to understand complex business processes and their solutions
- · Experience using Eclipse, CVS, and Maven a plus
- · Programming experience in Insurance industry is a plus
- · Large/ enterprise application development experience is a plus
- · ESB (i.e. mule), message-oriented framework knowledge is a plus