- Researches, develops, and proposes both short and long term solutions to SAP system requirements, according to project deliverables
- Consults with Business process owners to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements and levels of system access.
- Configuration of the SAP system for PP, MM and possibly WM modules.
- Ability to take business requirements from concept to production.
- Define user requirements and corresponding system specifications, accurate time estimates and creation of clear and concise documentation.
- Leads or participates in local or global projects as appropriate from an IT perspective.
- Some day to day customer support and continuous improvement of existing process as well as ongoing user training.
- Minimum 5+ years SAP R/3 4.7, ECC 5.0 or ECC 6.0 experience in PP and MM configuration (WM is also desirable)
- Strong functional configuration and system design experience in PP, MM areas and with cross functional skills in WM, SD, and FICO modules.
- Solid understanding of MRP (Material Requirements Planning) and production order execution.
- Analyze and solve complex system problems as part of the overall Supply Chain process, including: Production Order processing, make-to-order and stock replenishment, picking, packing, shipping, transportation, material staging for manufacturing, intercompany/interplant shipments.
- Working knowledge/exposure of ABAP programming with debugging skills.
- Ability to work well both independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with all levels of management.
- Excellent communication with both written and oral skills.