Trade Street Consulting is currently assisting a local Charlotte area client to secure a Java UI Developer for a full time/direct hire opportunity.
5K signing bonus
2K referral bonus
Java Developer / Designer III
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Applies rigorous design, coding, and testing principles to User Interface (UI) development and maintain data-driven web services and solutions.
* Responsible for developing helpful UI designs that are unique and easy to use.
* Interacts with I.S. Business Team to gather and document complete and accurate technical specifications from functional requirements.
* Provides technical documentation on all new programs and modifies existing ones.
* Develops code from technical specifications. Produces unit tested quality code on schedule and within budget.
* Provides and is accountable for accurate estimates to proposed solutions.
* Provides support for existing systems and processes for standard and custom solutions.
* Uses and promotes established Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) standards, QA and change control procedures.
* Integrates with various modern and legacy systems using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
* Works with Project Manager/Project Leader on all programming assignments.
* Trains and supports I.S. Business Team sponsors on technically developed solutions.
* Maintains and follows all company standards.
* Participates in I.S. technical project development meetings and provides input on possible solutions, pit falls and issues regarding initiatives.
* Participates in development of new & existing standards and policies for I.S. technical team & overall department.
* Provides weekly status updates based on projects and maintains weekly time sheets.
* Fosters the company Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of vision and fulfillment of company’s mission.
* Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent required.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in working on large projects as part of cross functional team is required.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in developing n-tier, mission-critical web applications using J2EE technology stacks, frameworks, design patterns and relational database required.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in leading technical design of projects of medium to large scope is required.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in software designs using UML.
* Strong knowledge of relational database required.
* Strong understanding of design patterns and proven experience in selecting the right pattern for the right job required.
* Spring, AJAX, MAVEN experience preferred.
* IBM WebSphere Commerce Platform experience preferred.
* Familiarity with AS400 preferred.
* Basic RPG programming preferred.
* Familiarity with DB2 Database preferred.